Monday, August 24, 2009

yeah wei.

Yahweh, name of a God in Judaism??
According to the Bible, Yahweh is the personal name of the one true God who delivered Israel from Egypt and gave the Ten Commandments, "God spoke all these words, saying: I Yahweh am your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, the house of bondage: you shall have no other gods besides Me." Yahweh revealed himself to Israel as a jealous God who would not permit his people to make idols or follow gods of the other nations or worship gods known by other names, "I am Yahweh, that is My name; I will not yield My glory to another, Nor My renown to idols." Yahweh demanded the role of the one true God in the hearts and minds of Israel, "Hear O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh alone. You shall love Yahweh your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.




no offence intended

No comments: